Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My !ST SHOT 10

We also had a Store at the end of La Grange road where it comes out on Hwy 48 now, the Name of it was Hardens, and one day they told me to get in the Car, we were going over to Harden's Store, the County Nurse was going to be there at a certain time to give Shots and I had to have one, now I knew that this was going to Hurt, but they were a lot bigger than I was and very soon I found myself over at the Store looking at a Big Fat Woman with a White nurses Uniform on and her little White Hat, She was eating a Chocolate Bar of Candy and I hated her the minute I laid my eyes on Her , and she said she would be done in a Minute and she Would give me the Shot. too soon She was through and she got that big old Needle and stuck me and you talk about Hurting.


I reckon that that was the first Shot that I had ever Had and it hurt bad, you know the Needles used to be Bigger than they are now, and they are Sharper now so they don't hurt as much, Back then you would go into the Dr's Office and there was a nice Chrome Shiny thing and it had Boiling Water in it and the Needles and Syringes were in the Boiling Water and if they gave you a Shot they would take a pair of Tongs and get them one out and let it Cool and then they would fill it up with Medicine and give you a Shot, it sure is better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment