Friday, December 10, 2010

Another late entry

If I went back and added it to the early times back yonder People that have read it already wouldn't ever read it again.

this is about 5 or 6 years old, I was Scared to death of everything, they would tell me that there were Boogers in them Woods, and we did have some kind of Cat down there in a Den, don't know if it was a Bob Cat or what kind it was, but one day I heard that thing Hollering or whatever they do, anyhow in the Summertime them Cows wouldn't come up to the House for us to Milk them, so you know who got to go get them.

there was a Field over behind the Molasses Mill that they were in Grazing that evening late, and I had to go over there and get them and I was Scared to Death nearly, and all of a sudden I was walking along and Something Got Ahold of Me like Old Ray Stevens used to say, that like to have done me in.

Come to find out it was a pretty good sized Lizard and that thing came running down through there and right up my Back he went.

I got my Brother to bring that 16 Gague Shotgun back out there and one evening I took it with me and we had this Cow that she led a rebellion with the other cows and they were going to outrun me and go back, they didn't want to Walk all the way up there to be Milked, and She was far enough away that I didn't hurt her bad, but I just up and shot her with that Shotgun.

Boy they went to the House then, My Daddy asked, Did you Shoot that Cow? and I said yes Sir I sure did, but he didn't say anything else about it, she had Shot under the Skin, I think I had about #6 shot in it I could see a few Knots sticking up on her, after that when I would go get them they didn't cause any problem, they just went on so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment