Saturday, December 4, 2010

At the End of the Road

there at the end of the Road that came out from where I lived and joined into Hwy 48 was a Busy little Place, everyones Mail Boxes from both sides of the Road were there and some of us had to walk a little over 1/4th Mile to get the Mail and to catch the School Bus.

there were I guess 8 or 10 Kids were out there every Morning to catch the School Bus, and there was this one Girl, she was a Moreland, that thought that she was really it, and she was, she was Pretty and had a nice build and she would Prance around while we were waiting on the Bus wanting attention, and I have mentioned before that I was very Bashful, so I didn't say anything to her unless she said something to me. anyhow she was Hot Stuff.

Years later I saw where her Mother died and was going to be at the Funeral Home here in Russellville, so I decided I would go to the "Visitation just to see Her, I hadn't seen her since we met the Bus on the side of the Road, I was in my early 40's I think and when I got there I didn't see her anywhere, so I asked where she was ? and they said that she was in another Room in there, and they went and told her that I wanted to see her and she came out and I was Shocked, she was Wrinkled until I wouldn't have known her If I had just met her not knowing that it was her, and to my knowledge I haven't seen her since.

at 76 I am not Wrinkled but very little, I tell People that I don't have enough Sense to worry abouth anything, I don't know whether that has anything to do with you Wrinkling or not, but there is very little that I worry about, I have seen People who I think are Professional Worreriers, it gets you nowhere, so why worry?

finally a Man that owned the Property there built a little Cinder Block Strore in the corner of the road, and he was making the Money. I should have mentioned this a lot earlier since this happened before I started to School, my Mother Loved me very much since I was her Baby, and she didn't have the Nickel for a Popsicle, so she would give me two Eggs and tell me to go to the Store and get me a Popsicle.

I would walk out to that little Store and go in and lay my two Eggs on the Counter and get me a Popsicle and go back down the road Happy as could be, I usually got a Chocolate Covered one, them was the best kind. those Mamas are Great, so if yours is still Living make sure she knows that you love her, because once She is gone you will wish you had.

No comments:

Post a Comment