Sunday, December 5, 2010

finishing up Jr High

Well I don't remember anything worth Writing about happening through the rest of Jr. High, by the way at La Grange we went thru the ninth Grade and after that we started the 10th Grade at Colbert County High.

But in the Ninth Grade we had a Basketball Team that nobody could beat, we had a Principal that was so Lazy you could tell it when he talked and he would teach the Ninth grade, and if any of us Boys got to where we couldn't stand it anymore we would just go in the Cloak room and get a Basketball and go outside and Shoot Basketball until we got tired and then we would come back to the Classroom and sit down and listen some more to that Jerk.

C.C. Smith wasn't too far over in Lawrence county and we would go over there Twice a Week and Play them. they would beat us most of the time, I knew all of them but one and they could run like Deer, everytime we went over there we came back dead tired from running so much, winning in Colbert County was what mattered and nobody over there could beat us, and we Won the County Tournament that year, I remember on Monday after we had won it Friday night we had the Trophy out passing it around looking at it and somebody dropped the thing and broke the Man with the Basketball off of it. boy that was a Bummer.

Funny the School Bus Driver and a teacher they had hired, she was kinda Plump always took us over there and once the Game started we never did notice seeing them anymore, but after awhile they would show up, and we went on and Graduated and the next year we all went to Colbert County and all five of us that played on the Great Basketball Team Didn't Pass.

well the other Four Quit and I decided I would give it one more try and I Passed that Year and went on and Played Varsity Basketball in High School, but you see these Bothers now will Jump so High that their Elbow is up even with the Rim? couldn't any off us even touch the Rim, that Food then just didn't any Jumping Power. White Men can't jump anyway.

I also Played in the Band, Boy I liked that, I played a Baritone and I got good on that Horn, we would play in Parades and we even went and Played in the Madi_Gras Parade in New Orleans, Sho Nuff, marched right down Canal Street and those Pralines sure did Smell good. I am not finished with this but I have to go to bed.

alright I got up and wrote my little Heart out and Posted the rest of it and I had lost my connectionand then it was gone, I hit restore and it restored up to where I quit last nightso Later

No comments:

Post a Comment