Wednesday, December 8, 2010

at last the Love bug bit me

I was Eighteen I think , had finished School and had that $.80 cent an hour Job, back then unless you knew whose Butt to Kiss you couldn't get a Job that Paid anything, .and I surely didn't know, one night me and Fluke was over at Gladys's, She was Kin, and she shared an Apartment with a Girl, they both worked at What is now Helen Keller Hospital and I was Smitten by that Girl, it finally got so bad that I would leave Home and Drive to Sheffield to take her out on a Date and I was in a Daze, I didn't remember when I would pass anywhere.

now when you are that Serious about one, usually that is the one to Marry, but there was that Eighty Cent an Hour Job, she worked as a Nurses Aid and I don't know how much that Paid, but I know now that Money don't Matter, you will make it somehow, when Cecil my Brother Married he is 88 now, and he was making $21.00 a Week and they Rented a Place on Atlanta ave in Shefffield and paid $10.00 Dollars a Month Rent for it and his wife didn't Work, let me rephrase that, She was a Housewife. and they made it fine, I reckon I was afraid of Responsibility, anyhow after about a Year and a half, she started seeing other People, like to have killed me because I was Tru-Loving her and I finally found out that I would take her out and Spend my Money and show her a good Time and would get her back to the apartment about Midnight and as soon as I was out of sight a Married man would pick her up so that was the end if that ,
She finally Married an old Boy, and when I was 40 years old one day I saw Her Obituary in the Times Daily
said that they were going to Bury her at Railroad Cemetary in Florence, never heard of that Cemetary but that is where she rests now.

No comments:

Post a Comment