Friday, December 3, 2010

A Mule named Ader

We had two mules and one of them was named Ader, we referred to as old Ader, well Ader was a good little Mule to Plow the Garden with, she would kind of do what you told her to, for most of you who don't know Mule talk I will tell you a little, you would say Giddup when you wanted them t go, Whoa when you wanted them to stop, and Gee if you wanted them to go to the right a little, and haw if you wanted them to move to the left, some Mules would do what you would tell them and others would act like Dummies and just kept Walking, Oh they all knew what Whoa meant, well you had lines that fastened on to two big Rings of the Bridle and the Lines reached back to where you were behind the Plow and if the just kept going you pulled on the line and the line fastened to the Big Rings on each side of the Mouth then there was what is called a Bit that went through the Mouth and the two big Rings were on each end of the Bit .

But Ader Obeyed good and everybody around would want to borrow old ader to Plow the Garden, so, every time we needed her my Daddy would tell me to go to Eli Glantons, or Cleve Stanleys or some of the other Neighbors and get Old Ader, Seemed like I spent a lot of time going to get our Mule.

well one Day it was Hot, in August and I was going to get the Mule and Wess South lived across on La Grange Road and Farmed the Land between him and Us and he had a Watermellon Patch and there was a Cornfield right by it and they were Ripe, now Wess south would have Give me 5 Watermellons if I had just ask but I Snuck down them Corn Rows and Stole me one, Bursted it there in the Corn Patch and it was Hot inside and I ate all the Watermellon I wanted, they taste better if you Steal them, so then I went on my way and got Old Ater and went Home

No comments:

Post a Comment